Monday, January 27, 2014

London 0.0.1

There's been a while that I wanted to write down my London stories , little bizarre things I witness everyday, whether I am at work or just strolling around London streets and alleys on a day off!

Among a all lot of other things London is full of crazy people, them being:

  • What is left of Real British People;
  • European bunch of lost young adults (me being one of them ... );
  • The old century Immigrants, AKA the not so young  (quite old actually..) bunch of Asians, Africans and Europeans that, after a life time in England still don't speak or understand much of the language...
I could go on and on with this list, But it is so complex itself and full of sub categories, that I'll just stop here. This people are part of the magic of this city! They drive you crazy, they make you laugh and sometimes with the tendency of becoming more and more frequent you just want a break from them... Just Lovely Innit!!

I'll start with the third group, which is quite big so for now I'll only focus on the Asians. Let's break it down... As Asian we have the "dark and the light range", don't take it racial, cause trust me you want find anyone as "non racial " as me!! and rumour has it that I might  love some Asian "Brothers"........  Back home when talking of Asians we naturally assume it's Japanese, Chinese, Korean ... we're referring to, but in London the list gets bigger, Cause lets not forget the Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshi.... YES, they are Asian too!! But each side has its own peculiarities.

So this is JUST my opinion. But if you want to go for a slightly iffy Chow Mein or Chop Suey, you just have to find your way to Chinatown, right beside to Piccadilly Circus, in the heart of London. The place it self its nice and perfect for a cheap massage, and some not so common delicatessens. The sushi is also around the corner and if you're lucky you can even find a Korean barbecue.  If you like the posh stuff South Kensington is the place to be. Cause in case I don't know our fellow Asians are quite posh and enjoy the bourgeois life as we all do. You can pop up to educate yourself on the best museums of London and share a tea or Boba tea with all the Asian exchange students. You 'll also find them on the hight streets of every borough, caring big branded bags...  noting too much just the latest LV leather belt....  You will know you are not lost, just by the accents and the cute but broken "Engrish".

And then you have the Curry... with all its yumminess and overpowering chilly and SMELL..... So don't get me wrong or anything, but me being quite sensitive to smells it just drives me crazy. So I used to live in east London, so everyday I would use District Line to get home... District line means White Chapel, Stepney Green, Mile End .. and if you don't know let me tell you it equals Curry, not the mild one, NOOO it means the good stuff, the really strong one that even after one week you will know that person had carry for dinner and lunch... So let me share a little episode of mine ... I work at a restaurant so more than often I fall as sleep on the underground. This time was no exception, as soon as I got in at Embankment station I dozed off. I was seated in one of those single seats right besides the "four seated area", so its a bit more private then the other seats... For my surprise as soon as the train arrived at White Chapel I woke up, you might think it was because or the noise, or even because someone pushed me no ... it was just the smell and even without opening my eyes I knew I was in White Chapel... aka The door to Little India ... -.-...

 It not just the curry, there's also an unidentifiable range of smells, that rush through you nose, one thing is for sure .. grease is one of them .. maybe its also because of the millions houses of Fried Chicken I wonder... hummm... I've never been to a city in Europe where you could have such a diverse censorial experience, but let me add ... not a good one ...

 I'll leave it here for today ... but I'll be back .. ;)










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

written from an interesting and refreshing perspective. carry on, waiting for more!